- Born September 12, 1952.
- Graduated in 1974 from the Department of Economics of the Moscow State University.
- 1974–1978 – doctoral candidate at the Institute of USA & Canada Studies (US&CSI).
- 1976–1977 – research trainee attached to the U.N. Mission of the Soviet Union.
- 1979 – defended candidate (equivalent of Ph.D.) dissertation on the «The Role and Place of Transnational Corporations in the U.S. Foreign Policy».
- 1978–1988 – worked at US&CSI of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR as a junior fellow, senior fellow, head of a section. Specialization: economic aspects of foreign policy, U.S.-Soviet relations, U.S. military strategy, arms control, European security.
- 1989 – defended a doctoral (equivalent of Dr.Hab.) dissertation on «The Role and Place of Western Europe in U.S. Strategy Towards the USSR (1945-1988)».
- Since 1988 worked in the Institute of Europe of the Academy of Sciences of USSR/Russia. 1989 — 2010 — Deputy Director.
- Since 2006 – Dean of the Faculty (School) of International Economics and Foreign Affairs, Higher School of Economics.
- Since 2021 – Scientific
Head of the Faculty (School) of International Economics and Foreign Affairs, Higher
School of Economics.
- Married to Ekaterina Karaganova-Miloslavskaya.
- Has a daughter Alexandra.
Public and governmental affiliations
Achievements and rewards